Monday, October 12, 2020

Lamentations in Saigon

paypal.me/NoahJB123 www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCRES2… ♫ Inch by inch and mile by mile Such a little country seems hardly worthwhile Tell me, soldier, why do you roam Why don't you stay right here at home I'm gonna fight for my uncle sam because there's trouble in south vietnam Inch by inch and mile by mile Such a little country seems hardly worthwhile Come listen, good people, so free and so brave There's a danger a-comin' and it plans to enslave It has captured one billion with deception and lies And raised an iron curtain that muffles their cries Inch by inch and mile by mile Such a little country seems hardly worthwhile No soldier wants war, they know it is hell But the enemy we face, like a cancerous cell Countries they've taken, one by one Now we're gonna fight, we're not gonna run Inch by inch and mile by mile Such a little country seems hardly worthwhile I sing out for freedom with all of my heart My song of freedom is a very small part I'll fight for life and liberty And rise up a newborn babe to be free Inch by inch and mile by mile Such a little country... Yes it's worthwhile Yes it's worthwhile ♫ As I sang out Janet Greene's haunting lamentation in the streets of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), locals were taken in by my song of freedom. Even a figure of authority was captivated by my singing. The 1976 outcome of the Vietnam War may be overturned in due time.
http://dlvr.it/RjSWvp

No comments:

Post a Comment